October 9, 2011

Dedicated to Corinne

When I found out I was pregnant my friend, Corinne, told me she would help me make crib bedding. I still have Colby's crib bedding, but because I was sooo positive baby #4 would be a boy I sold my girl crib bedding and sold/gave away all but my favorite my baby girl clothes. Good thing I had Corinne, since we now have Ila! Many hours were spent looking at crib sets online and online fabric stores, trying to figure out the right combo and what look to go with. At first I thought I wanted a modern flower print in pinks and greens, but then we found a set that was a large damask print. So we headed in that direction and found a smaller damask print in pink and green. It was perfect, meant to be. Many hours were also spent making the bumper, Corinne tutoring me along the way.

I found out we were moving before we had finished. We rushed to finish the bumper, and Corinne finished the bed skirt and mailed it to me. My mom made the matching quilt. When we found the fabric we had to jump on it because it was 20% off and I was able to get another dollar amount off. It ended up close to $4/yard! (i.e. GREAT price.) So I bought a bunch of coordinating fabrics to go into the quilt. I love it. It is perfect with Ila's (...or Grandpa's) crib.

I miss you Corinne, I'll never be able to forget you every time I lay Ila down or get her out of bed! Thanks for your help and friendship. :) I promised pictures, better late than never!!
PS Sorry the ties aren't in bows.....

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Thanks for the post. I love it and am so glad you love the bedding. Your mom's quilt and the mobile finish it perfect. How lucky we both were that our paths crossed here in TX can't wait to see ya soon! Luvs

rebeccaV said...

Color me impressed!! I've seen it in person, it's amazing!

David and Debby said...

Wow! that all makes my woodcraft look pretty darn good (you know what they say about accessories.) The photos with the baby (non-accessory) in them make it look especially good. I'm going to have to borrow these photos for my crib book.
Grandpa

Jason and Dana said...

if only the rest of our house looked that complete!

Jason