May 7, 2012

December 2011

I am thankful for pictures, because I forgot pretty much everything that happened in December before I looked back at the pictures.

Colby lost two teeth. He lost one at school. It was in his cubby in an envelope and he got it out to look at it and dropped it.  So when I picked him up he told me he lost it. We went back in to his classroom and found it.  Lucky boy, because I'm not sure if tooth fairy comes when there isn't a tooth under your pillow!
Photobucket

Jason got to go on a spur of the minute trip to the Boise State bowl game with his parents and some people from work.  But before that was the finger-slicing fiasco.  Jason was helping out at the tailgate his work puts on before every home game.  He was trying to separate frozen hamburger patties with a knife, and woosh...right through the burger and into his finger.  Someone drove him the less than 1 mile to the ER. I was going to pick him up and make him come home, but oh no, he'd have none of that.  He was going to walk back to the tailgate, but his parents picked him up and drove him back. Crazy guy.
Photobucket
This is a picture before the stitches were taken out. The pictures right after the accident are a little more gory.
Photobucket

We had a couple of family nights with the Heinrichs.  We went to a live nativity.  It really helped me to feel the Christmas spirit.  It's a tradition I hope to keep up.  We also had fun making gingerbread houses! The kids loved that one.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Jason's beast of a gingerbread house. Sadly it never got finished and ended up in the garbage after sitting on top of our fridge for a good month.
Photobucket

Shanah, one of my bestest friends since 8th grade and my one and only college roommate-not counting Jason, and her family came to Idaho for Christmas break and I got to finally meet her adorable babes.  I realized I hadn't seen her in close to 4 years. 4 years and 4 kids between us, way too long! That is another benefit of being back in Idaho, otherwise it would have been even more years before I saw her again. We went downtown to this model train exhibit and got to see Santa! It was fun because it wasn't crazy busy, like the mall would have been.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

We spent Christmas in Boise with the Delgadillos.  It was a nice, relaxing, laid back holiday.  My mom sent a bag of supplies to each of the Croshaw kids to have Christmas themed Family Home Evenings for the month of December.  And for Christmas Eve she sent simple costumes for the kids to dress up and act out the nativity. Christmas day Patty, Ernie, and Melissa came over to open presents.  We had church at 8:30, so we just played with our Santa presents and stockings before. The present opening had to wait until after church.  Patience is a lesson we all must learn.
We surprised Melissa at the airport when she came in to town.
Photobucket
Christmas Eve
Photobucket
Christmas morning
Photobucket
Melissa took the kids for awhile one day to have a party with them.  She is the greatest aunt. She took this picture. I love it more than pretty much any picture ever.
Photobucket

I remembered one last thing.  My amazingly talented friend Tina had a quick little session with us by the river in Eagle in our Christmas duds.  The picture of the kids at the top is from then. And here is the family picture.  I love it!!

1 comment:

Trev and Shan said...

That is a great picture!!! And the video was dang cute, too. So glad I got to see you guys! Wish we could have spent more time hanging out. Someday.....