These are Colby's favorite shoes. He honestly believes wearing them makes him run faster that he normally can.
So a couple of weeks ago Colby and I were looking for some shoes for him to wear to church. He pulls his favorite shoes out of the closet and says, "How about my fire shoes?"
I tell him, "Those aren't appropriate for church."
To which he responds, "Oh...because we aren't supposed to run in church."
Because obviously, wearing those shoes he'll be running whether or not he means to. It's nice to know he's heard me at least once out of the hundreds of times I've told him not to run in the halls at church.
10 comments:
That's one smart boy - and fast!
Grandpa
Haha, how cute! Those are some awesome shoes!
I love the fire shoes. They make him run super fast, fast, fast, I am SURE!
he is a very fast boy, i am sure especially when he is running the bases at t-ball. i love thinking of the adorable boy at the top of that picture:)
Love this story and the boy wearing the fire shoes. I can just hear him saying that. I know that he does listen more than you might think.
i just picture him and eva making the rounds in your house chasing each other. he is a fast boy and so, so cute! mwwwwakk!
I keep on trying to think of an adult comparison to him thinking his shoes make him faster. I know they're there. The best I could come up with is that someone rear-ended me once, and I've never taken that route again. I guess when you're grown up, it's called superstition?
That said, it's probably nice to know he hears you, even when he doesn't seem to be listening, isn't it?
What a sweet boy :) And those shoes are SUPER cool!! Where did you get them? Can't wait to see you guys next month!!
what a cute story... and awesome shoes:)
bec, i got them from craigslist. i never would have thought to buy them, but if they're coming with what i'm buying i won't turn them down!
Post a Comment